RG2 Tip of the Month: 5 reasons why every franchisee should be part of a franchisee peer advisory group
Jun 6, 2012
A lot of you reading this are business owners, and I know that many of you already belong to a peer advisory group / mastermind group. Here are 5 reasons why every franchisee should be a part of a franchisee peer-advisory group:
1. Surround yourself with like-minded people: Franchisees are small business owners, yet they face specific challenges that not all entrepreneurs face. Surround yourself with people that understand and have possibly gone through your challenges so you can learn from them.
2. Many brains are better than one: The power of peer advisory comes from the fact that you are able to tap into knowledge, expertise and ideas of not just one, but various other business owners. Most often, the best ideas are generated by brainstorming and by people who are not experts in your industry.
3. Be held accountable: As business owners, we all have endless lists of things we need to get done. Commit to one or two items in front of the group, and chances are you will make sure to get those items done prior to the next meeting.
4. Create focus: Meeting once a month is a time-commitment but it will also help you be more focused. In preparing for your monthly meeting, it will force you to look at your business from a strategic perspective and you will leave the meeting with a whole list of ideas to implement until the next month.
5. Create a support system: Your fellow peer advisory group members will become your support system; those will be the people you can go to with challenges, admit mistakes and ask for support. Even better, often they will become your friends.
|Share This >